HOME OF THE AUSTRALIAN INLAND BOTANIC GARDENS, ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS HENDY TOWN, OFFICIALLY NAMED BURONGA IN THE 1930'S
Early explorers and overlanders no doubt would have passed by this site in the mid 1800s before pioneering graziers took up the land between the Murray and Lower Darling Rivers.
Originally part of the Tapio run, Buronga is situated on the Sturt Highway, just five minutes from Mildura. Buronga with an economy based on light industry, horticulture and viticulture is currently undergoing rapid expansion. Offering quick access to Mildura, Buronga offers an easy life with all the convenience of being 5 minutes from major shopping centres.
In close proximity to the town are the Australian Inland Botanic Gardens, wineries, olive groves and citrus orchards. Two riverbank caravan parks, several motels and B&B's cater for accommodation.